Sunday, May 01, 2011

Assaulted

April's last evening was among the only to feel like spring. Chicago winters are always long and hard, but this one refused to end. The whole city is suffering for sunshine, and the first hints of warmth make everyone insane.

Some in a more destructive manner than others.

I was walking home from the el around 10:30 PM. I was too tired to stop at the bar to be social, so I said hello to the smokers outside and kept walking towards my house. I didn't cross the street at the corner because a car was coming, so I rounded the bend and figured I'd cross at the alley.
There was a tall man in his 20s standing at the gate to the apartments next to the cafe. I was glad I didn't live there because he seemed like he was up to no good. When he started following me I decided not to turn into my alley but stay on the lit street and power walk it. As he walked too-close behind me I sped up and started wondering what I should do if he kept following...
GRAB!
In one swift motion he groped  my left boob and my right ass cheek and said, "Hey, baby."
I threw him off of  me and yelled "HEY! Fuck you!" as he ran down the street.

Two men and  a women in some sort of all-white religious frocks came up the alley and I told them what happened. I called 911 and when the police came I got into the back of their car and drove around, hoping to find my attacker. It's not like he did me any great permanent damage, but more than anything I didn't want him doing worse to someone else. He probably lives in the neighborhood. If he's still out tonight, we couldn't find  him, so I filed a police report (the officers explained that way if I see the guy again I can call 911 and have the asshole arrested) and came home.

Fucking dick-ass-douchebag-ass-hat.

1 comment:

HDS said...

On behalf of all the other women- thank you for calling the police and taking action.
On behalf of me, loving you- I am so glad it was not worse.

 

Made by Lena