Sunday, June 24, 2007

you waited almost a week for THIS?

Things that need to suck it:
  • the internet
  • school.
The internet is down in my apartment again and my nice fabulous neighbor who lets me steal his internet is missing. I am a bit worried, because last time he went missing he was in the hospital detoxing from his anti-anxiety meds (apparently he has really awful panic attacks). So my inconvenience is comparatively small, but that's never stopped me from kvetching before. And the internet cafe by me was inexplicably closed yesterday, so late last night I headed over to NBF's apartment (he is in London, but I have the key and am supposed to make sure it doesn't implode while he's gone) to use his internet, but I forgot he took his mouse with him and that made it more trouble than it was worth, so I crashed there for the night and waddled across the street to the internet cafe by his place this morning before 10 AM. That's right, I did something on a Sunday morning on purpose. It helps that I have two papers and an online test due by tomorrow - I end up too stressed to sleep late. Splendid.

It's been a very long-seeming week, even though nothing particularly happened. I spent much of it writing my parody of Bartleby the Scrivener for my fiction class. Otherwise, I mostly just went to class, wrote other random crap so my head wouldn't explode, and then Friday night I went to open knitting at this yarn store by my school. That was good, forcing me out of my cave and meeting new people and such. Good for me. I deserve a cookie.

My sister called me last night to ask what she should do about my cousins' dog who just ate chocolate while she was babysitting them. Fortunately it was only a little chocolate and the dog was fine, but this was after she herself went to the emergency room earlier that day to get 12 stitches in her finger she sliced instead of an avocado. Earlier in the week, American Airlines canceled her flight and then lost her luggage for 5 days while she had to keep buying underwear and borrowing clothes.

I saw an infomercial for the Tattoo Factory and now I want one, and though I don't actually think I'll get one, if I did, I would want this artist.
I am very addicted to coffee again.

Enough procrastinating. I need to be writing these papers. They're only 3-6 pages long, but one requires research that I know must exist but I'm not finding. Want to write it for me?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've missed you.
what do you have to research??

Annabell said...

You were totally in my dream the other night. I'm researching anti-gay violence against males versus females. I am a smelly face.

Anonymous said...

Surely there are statistics on that somewhere. Human rights campaign? Someone has to know. I mean, I could tell you what I think, but that's not really research.
oh honey, you're always in my dreams. wink wink.

Anonymous said...

potentially good links toward the bottom

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I'm a total nerd and you've probably already found all this.

" Sexual-Orientation Bias

In 2005, law enforcement agencies reported 1,171 hate crime offenses based on sexual- orientation bias.

* 60.9 percent were anti-male homosexual.
* 19.5 percent were anti-homosexual.
* 15.4 percent were anti-female homosexual.
* 2.3 percent were anti-bisexual.
* 2.0 percent were anti-heterosexual. "

 

Made by Lena