Sunday, October 01, 2006

Reflection*


I get so excited when I find people "like me:" my fellow analytic creative brooding types. We're the hyper-self-critical misfits who think things to death and live inside our heads but then feel everything too strongly. We're loners out of ego and self-preservation. Except every single one of my real friends has some degree of this quality. The Boys I've liked since I was 5 were all more extreme cases. That's my "type." I used to just call it "a hint of melancholy," but it's more than that. It's the grave burden that comes with having too much in our heads for our tender hearts to bear. Ay me!

So why do I seek out people "like me?" Is it the need to be understood and the satisfaction of understanding someone else? Or something more egotistic, lining these people up like a hall of mirrors?

On an unrelated note, Happy 25th Birthday, Him! I distinctly remember his 14th birthday and thinking 14 sounded so old. Now 25 doesn't sound or feel old, but it's that whole quarter-century mark that seems substantial.

Mmm...granola bar...

*corniest post title ever

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm gonna have my quarter life crisis!! argh!!!

 

Made by Lena