Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Just Do(ing) It

I actually wrote fiction tonight in my fiction class. Like the real made-up storytelling kind that isn't a dream or just me being obnoxious. Though there's no real story there yet and I don't know where it's going and it may be total crap, I feel like I've crossed some sort of barrier.

One of the idiots in my class showed up completely baked out of his mind. What an asshole. You could watch the cloud of stoned-ness slowly lift over the course of the four hour class until by the end he could actually respond to what was going on around him. I hope to hell our teacher has words with him, but I know he won't.

Even though I missed last week's class, I made sure to get this week's assignment and turned it in and did my reading. Apparently a lot of people were sick, but I was the only one who even contacted the teacher. Of the 8ish people who were in class, two did the reading. So now we have to write reading responses every week to prove we're doing it. Pain in my ass, and I actually have been keeping up. You know you're truly at Clown College when I am the best student in class. And a goodly portion of my classmates can't construct a proper sentence. It's one thing to choose to use improper English, but entirely another when subject-verb agreement randomly falls apart throughout the story.

I was poking around the Lean Cuisine website and they have this free fitness and diet tracker thing, so I spent way too much time putting in my information and everything I ate in the past two days and my lovely 15 minutes of treadmill time tonight (thanks to a stop at my landlord's office to drop off rent checks, that was as long as I had before my class). We'll see how long I keep up with entering my info, but my doctors have been after me forever to track what I eat (migraines and weird allergy stuff) and the website makes it somewhat more amusing.

Everything half-melted today. The break from the cold was nice, but this city looks very ugly under a puddle of dirty, melting snow. Worth noting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

spark people is good for the obsessive. or that's what i tell myself.

 

Made by Lena