Sunday, May 06, 2007

love me or leave me

Newest addiction/procrastination tool: filling out online dating profiles. eHarmony, Match, Chemistry, The Onion. It's a wonderful exercise in self-obsession, answering question after question about me. I still have a tendency to include the most negative information possible about myself to scare off the faint of heart. I parade my flaws with the hope that a Boy will see them and find them charming. It all goes to my fear of abandonment stuff, I think--I'd rather never get to know a Boy than have him leave me after discovering some chunk of my personality he doesn't like. It's all mostly irrelevant, anyway, because I refuse to pay for any of the online services, so the only one that lets me respond to interested Boys is The Onion's personals, and the odds of me actually agreeing to meet any of these people in reality are slim to none. I'm the internet equivalent of a girl who goes to a singles bar, shows everyone her cellulite, and then refuses to give out her number to anyone who is still interested. I am awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me that one of these days we can go and do exactly that: singles bar, cellulite parade, and then dramatic rejection of all potential suitors. I'll videotape it. You can use it in an article.

Anonymous said...

this made me think of you. :)
over-exfoliators anon.

& i'll have you know, i've broken 2 ototek loops. the only reason i haven't broken more is that i'm waiting for their new super-strong version. because clearly i don't need to be more gentle.

Annabell said...

Memorial Day weekend, Birdie, you're totally on.

HDS- I don't know what you are talking about. I do not have a problem. I can quit any time I want.

 

Made by Lena