Sunday, October 25, 2009

clean and empty

My condo fit so well with a family, baby running up and down the hallway yelling "hubble! hubble! hubble! tack-o!" [translation: football! football! football! tackle!]. Now my comforter is in the dryer, the last piece of cleaning I intend to do tonight before going to bed. My bedroom smelled wrong until I washed all the sheets, vacuumed every last dust bunny, mopped with my Method floor cleaner, and attacked the surfaces with Method grapefruit spray, my usual cleaning products creating familiar smells. My dog wasn't going in there until after it had been scrubbed, either.

I'm learning how to keep house. It's a portion of my education entirely neglected up until this point, but I have this perfect opportunity to learn right now. Scheduling myself times to clean. Structuring my life. For whatever reason, I am 27 years old and lousy at self-structure and self-dicipline; it doesn't come naturally to me. Luckily, I have the chance to experiment and work and figure things out now.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena