Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Jacuzzi Power!

It's 1 AM. Today's pain didn't like light or sound, so I slept a lot. Snuggled the dog a lot. A few hours ago as I was lying around awake but unable to use the computer or read or listen to audiobooks or anything, I tried to think what I could do to keep my brain interested. What senses could I stimulate in a way that wouldn't just cause more pain? I've thought more than once that it'd be nice if I could read braille. It would also be nice to have a human snuggling companion, but I'm not there yet and human snuggling companion would have to be well aware of the "no talking or I will kill you, and no taking my snippiness personally" rules. Then I thought of it: jacuzzi. I own a jacuzzi tub. Warm, sensory, soft, different than bed that I'm in all the fucking time, no light, the sound doesn't usually bother me. Perfect.

And it was. For over an hour. Distracting from the ouchies and even melting away some of the pain. I need to do that more often. Maybe get some essential oils or something. I threw in some Epsom salts for good measure since I had them sitting right there. Awesome.

Now the computer is starting to bother me again, but I'm using it in my dining room and I had this picture of myself silhouetted in the window by the glow of the screen with one of my newfound male admirers walking past on the street*, looking up, not knowing it's me but still being struck by the image. I also had something Japanese and entirely unrelated playing in my head, but the strangest thing about my thought process at that moment was how aware I was of exactly two of my channels. I'm surprised I didn't have "The Little Mermaid" soundtrack playing and several different ideas for things I should feed myself before going to sleep and who knows what else as well.

Ugh. I stopped making sense. Back to sleep.

*entirely probable now that they all live in my neighborhood. does this mean no more rolling out of bed and walking the dog without changing or brushing my hair?

No comments:

 

Made by Lena