Wednesday, January 06, 2010

I Sweet Potato

Spanish has two distinct words for the verb "to be" depending on if it's ephemeral or permanent. I wish we made that distinction in English. I want to claim Popeye's "I am what I am and that's all that I am," but only in the estar sense, not the ser sense.

My heat is back on but I'm not warm yet. I'm hungry. It's easy for me to slip into the holes in my wafer shell. What can I eat and be full and think again? Ground beef. Potato. Rice. Somewhere between beef and rice should be a meal.
I get to this point where I can't think clearly unless I write. I got to that point in New York and figured I "should" be able to function like a "normal" person and ignored it and ended up crying while eating a crummy calzone because that's what I could handle. I've been me for 27 years and I keep holding out hope that maybe this time I'll land closer to average.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena