Saturday, September 23, 2006

Happy Jew Year

Much of this past week was lost to certain parts of my body being extremely cranky and me in a general funk of having gone from crazy-busy to doing nothing all day again. I need to snap out of this. SNAP SNAP SNAP.

Last weekend my Born Again Jewy friend from college who lives in in Seattle came to visit. Uber-Jewyness can be highly inconvenient. Sunday we went to the Aquarium and then I was supposed to pick up E at 3:30 to go to my parents' house so she could interview my mom for class and join us for Thai food with my cousin and my uncle who was in town. I got to see the baby beluga at the aquarium, which was pretty friggin' cool (it's like this strange grey lump that goes to the surface to breathe every few minutes), but the whole day felt like a puddle of lateness and me trying to accomodate everybody else's needs. I hate that, especially since I fall into it so easily and then get mad at myself and resentful towards everyone with needs to be met.

Last night was Jew Year's Eve. Happy Jew Year. It's introspection time!

Now I really need to get my ass in gear and go to my improv class, but I'm tired and achy and I just want to crawl into a warm little hole for another half hour or so. Hmm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, isn't that laying it on a little thick? We were delayed starting out by half an hour because I had a work emergency come up -- and we ended up all having to wait for the non-Jewish member of the party to show anyway -- but what uber-Jewyness did you have to accommodate? :( I hope I'm not really that oblivious...

Anyway, I'm sorry the day turned out so stressful for you. For what it's worth, we had a good time then and the night before, so I'm grateful, and really glad I got to see you as much as I did on such a short trip.

 

Made by Lena