Saturday, October 13, 2007

sittings

Last night I saw a very odd 3 1/2 hour play with my parents at the Goodman Theater. Parts were wonderful, parts were stupid. Kind of like my parents.

I woke up early to try to get some work done, but instead spent several hours battling some nasty-ass trojan buggy thing that decided to attach itself to my computer and ignore my multiple virus and spyware busters.

Then it took me an hour on the Edens to get to the Botanical Gardens/Ravinia area from my apartment in Rogers Park and another 20 minutes after that to arrive at Lake Forest College's soccer field.

Then I watched my brother play part of a game with his college soccer team against Lake Forest. He's been too injured/gimpy to play much or particularly well, but he did manage to score goals the last few games. Not this game, but his school won during their second overtime. Very exciting.

As I drove out of Lake Forest and towards 41, I noticed a cop behind me. It was a big street, two lanes in either direction and very little entering or exiting traffic, so I was going around 45-50mph. Then the cop pulled me over and I assumed I had a tail light out but no, apparently the speed limit on that large fast street is actually 35. He was very nice and even apologized that he had to give me a ticket, but there was some mandatory ticketing thing for anything more than 10 mph over the speed limit. Piece of shit. So now I've gotten my first ticket in almost 7 years and if I want it off my record I have to do some 4 hour online traffic school thing, which is obviously what I need right now on top of the rest of the time I'm stuck at my computer every day and going crazy.

Now I am sleepy and farty because I decided to treat myself to McDonalds fries (I was going for just coffee and didn't see a Dunkin Donuts and felt after a ticket I needed a treat). There are a number of friends I haven't seen in way too long and I would very much like to see, but I don't know when because I'm not caught up yet. It is my goal to be completely on top of everything by the time I go to bed tomorrow, and it's possible but difficult, so we'll see.

I'm such a kvetch.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena