Thursday, January 18, 2007

Quills and Spills?

I spent today at Orientation Part II and running around the Nameless campus trying to finalize the things that must be final in time for me to start classes on Monday. I met one of my professors and the faculty people I talked to all seemed great, and I even met TWO administrative people who didn't completely suck and knew what they were doing and were able to solve my issues. And I am now actually excited about all of my classes. I'm taking not one but two creative non-fiction classes (one in the English Department, one in the Fiction Writing Department), Fiction I, and magazine journalism. I may be insane taking four intensive writing classes, but if I am going to be a writer I will need to be writing intensely, and this way I will have a good sense of which writing route I want to go by the end of my first semester, thus leaving me plenty of time to pursue whichever I choose.

On my way through the turnstile going into the El the heel of my very cute and only moderately impractical boots slipped on a wet patch and I went down, landing on my hands and knees and bumping my head on the turnstile. It sucked. I think I pulled a few somethings and bruised myself rather impressively. After I got myself up again the woman behind me pointed at my feet as if to say "that's what you get for wearing attractive shoes." I punched her in the face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is it that when those tumbles happen there is never some kind of cute boy behind us to pick us up and ask if we are okay?

Anonymous said...

omg, bobbi, i totally fell on a guy at a club once. i fell going down the stairs & took him down with me. he was really nice.

you mentally punched her, right? i mean, i'd get a kick out of you actually punching a stranger, but please tell me it was a psychic punch.

and finally, the first thing i thought reading of your slip:
"oh! thank god her heel didn't break!!"

 

Made by Lena