Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Two-Steppin'

There's pollen floating so thick it looks like summer snow. It gathers in drifts on the grass and clings to leaf piles and big rocks on the sand. It's beautiful. I don't get seasonal allergies or sneeze at flowers, and for that I am grateful. It is magical fairy dust instead of the threat of greater discomfort.
My head has been bad. Still. Yesterday I was feeling better and did as much as I possibly could in my shiny happy window, including going to the beach with my across the street neighbor and both of our dogs. Mine required constant Dog Whisperer correction and is a pain in the ass, but I love him to pieces and he had a wonderful time and he needs new dog friends now that NBF's dog is gone. And I need new people friends now that NBF is gone. Like, people who are local. So it's completely fabulous that I'm hanging out with Across the Street Neighbor. He needs a code name, I suppose. Neighbor Guy? That works. We went to Two-Steppin' Tuesday at a country-themed gay bar in Andersonville last week and learned how to line dance and two-step and had a fabulous time. I was the only actual girl in the entire bar for most of the night but there were only about 30 people in the whole place and everyone was extremely friendly and forget the myth that gay boys can dance because they were all tripping over themselves and eachother and laughing and having a wonderful time. I was one of the better dancers there, and that's saying something. I had to lead sometimes in two-step because some of the guys only learned to follow. Some dressed for the occasion in their stylin' cowboy best, too. Basically, awesomeness.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena