Thursday, August 24, 2006

captiv(at)e(d)

I'm spending too much time at my parents' house. Monday night was dinner with my cousin whose wife is currently in New Hampshire with his parents and siblings (he has to work until later this week when he can join them). Then I'd promised to spend more quality time cleaning out my old room, so I was back on Tuesday. My Tuesday night plans got a migraine (poor E...I am well aware of how much that sucks), and with my brother's first day of school Wednesday and my dad still out of town (he drove my sister back to school and then stayed in LA for work crap) I figured I'd be a good daughter and spend the night. Then Wednesday I ended up spending many more hours trying to clean out my room. There's just so much shit, what with 12 years of living there and accumulating junk, plus another 6 years of it being mainly storage for my sister and me. Some time mid-afternoon I took a break and passed out and woke up with a surprise headache. Coffee and naproxen and a few hours of TV made it tolerable, so I went back to cleaning shit out until my brother got home from soccer practice (my mom was out to dinner and wanted me to do dinner with him if I could...so I waited). I didn't end up leaving until 9 PM, which was bad because I was supposed to meat one of my improv classmates and his girlfriend at 10 for the improv show.

The show itself was fabulous. Really, really, really incredible. It's just these two guys but they create a bunch of different characters and trade off playing them incredibly well. The whole thing is brilliant and hilarious and they are just completely and totally fabulous.

I found lots of my old writings stashed around my old room, including my first journals from when I was 6-years-old. Too cute. Did make me wonder how I ever thought I was anything but a writer.

My stupid computer's stupid powercord won't stay in, so it keeps dying. Not good. I have many things to do on here today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

naaaproxennnnn (is love.)
i cannot get over the cuteness of that little blonde with the notepad. that pencil is going to get lost in her adorable chub!!

 

Made by Lena