Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I'll be the judge of that...

Fill out my survey about your judgmentality*. Please. It's really short. Like me.

I am pleased with my haircut. I even got bangs (nothing drastic...a bit of long and swoopy) for the first time since I was 4. I had to wait 2 1/2 hours and then the haircut itself was another hour, but Mario Tricoci himself was there. Apparently his office is at that Tricoci University location. He didn't do anything to my hair, but he was watching the girl who was cutting me and you could tell she was trying to show off a bit. Not bad for $9 ($12 minus my 25% off coupon).
There will be pictures as soon as Him is done "processing" them. We spent the afternoon/evening taking pictures. I dolled myself up and stood in front of his wall while he arranged and rearranged the lights and stood on things and said, "laugh, dammit!" many, many times. My on-purpose smile looks stupid. The only way to get a decent picture of me is for me to laugh. Laughing on cue is difficult. When someone is telling you to laugh, it is even more difficult. Now add bright lights and a camera in your face. I guess some people thrive under these conditions, but I am no such thriver. "Modeling is hard work."
After we gave up on the headshots, we wandered around his neighborhood looking for "textures" for me to stand in front of for my full body shot. This is the crap I know nothing about. We also argued over whether or not me crossing my arms looked too unfriendly. The job website thing emphasized that they didn't care if your pics were professional, they were mostly looking to see your "friendly, open, outgoing personality." To me, this means no crossing my arms in front of myself because that's like body language 101. Him thought it just made me look "confident." I look forward to other opinions once he's done with the photos.

*Judgmentality is now a word.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where did you get a 25% off coupon. i didnt get one and i was there last week. then again, i was in and out in an hour and a half...

Anonymous said...

perhaps arms and legs in the jumping-jack position would make you look, uh, open.

 

Made by Lena