Saturday, August 05, 2006

linky post

Just watched L.A. Confidential. Fabulous. I love Netflix. I'm feeling a bit torn, though, as Blockbuster is offering a free trial of their version of Netflix. Their database seems to have everything on my Netflix queue (random sampling of some of the more obscure ones) and the prices are the exact same except Blockbuster also offers one free in-store rental per week on top of their mail-order stuff. But I do prefer Netflix's site and I have the sense that Blockbuster is evil; is that worth a free weekly in-store rental? Such difficult decisions plague my life.

Starbucks won't be hiring for at least another week or two, but they still want me, but I need a job NOW. My mom found out about this temp agency that offers health insurance, but I have to send them a resume as an MS Word document, and I currently do not have MS Word because I am cheap and use Works Word. Very annoying.

My sister and I went shopping for my mother's birthday (which will be Sunday) today and got her an absolutely fabulous Kate Spade purse from Norstrom Rack. I also got five pairs of underwear: two $2 thongs and three of the super-cute Honeydew boy shorts. They sell lots of Honeydew stuff at a lingerie/sex shop by me and I always want it but they tend to be $10-$18 a pop and I refuse to spend more than $5 on a pair of undies. But there they were in all their glory at Nordstrom Rack for $3.97 each! I got green/papaya, teal/green, and mocha/lime.

Ok, while searching for a picture of the bag we got my mom, I ran into this, a Kate Spade handbag named after the town I grew up in. Weird. Note, Oak Park is west, not north of Chicago.

I'm on my post-migraine mania/high thing again/still. I like /slashes/ too much. My brain is thinking about boys and it's very distracting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

which purse did y'all get her??
i want kate spade's job.

oh, and i'm pretty sure you're right on the blockbuster-is-evil thing. i'd be all for the free trial, but i've got a horrible feeling that it won't end up being free.

Annabell said...

cost: MY SOUL

the bag we got my mom isn't on the Kate Spade website because it's from some season past, but I think I found it here but in the wrong color. Imagine that in a cobalt-ish blue. It's cuter in reality, too.

Anonymous said...

omg, does it really have polka-dot lining? someday when i grow up i'll have to carry a big purse. i'm already browsing for the perfect shape.
sad existence, the one which revolves around bags.

Anonymous said...

LA Confidential is the freaking best ever! Kevin Spacey is the only male actor I think I could describe as "delicious."

Send them your "Word" document as a Rich Text File. It'll open in Word. They'll never know you tricked them.

I am insufficiently gay to contribute to the bag discussion.

 

Made by Lena