Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Elections, Exhaustion, and Gift-Giving

I am a lousy American; I didn't vote yesterday. I was planning to vote, and even researched some of the more obscure office candidates, but between doing laundry, sleeping, and going to work, I just ran out of time. I live across the street from my polling place. There's no excuse. I am a bad American.

But even without me the Good Guys won and the better guys (a number of Green Party candidates were on the ballot for statewide offices) still got a chunk of votes. Pennsylvania finally outed fuckface Satorum, and Sherrod Brown (who, from what I know about him, I like very much) won Ohio. While Cook County's board presidency went to the corrupt son of the corrupt former seat-holder, his Republican rival spent last night proving himself possibly even more corrupt [check this shit out], so I suppose the lesser of two evils is preferable.

I'm exhausted. I got home "early" last night around 1 since two people closing the bar makes it go much faster. Much of my body aches and I was too worn out to get a good night's sleep (if that makes any sense). I randomly woke up at 6 AM and couldn't fall back asleep. I need to be up for real in two hours to go to a 12 hour double shift. I need better shoes, and fast. NBF is getting himself a massage for his birthday this weekend and invited me to join him, which is a truly brilliant idea considering the current state of my muscle knots. I still have to come up with a gift, but as many of you well know, my presents tend to be late as I'd rather give something good late than something lame on time. Like Birdie's birthday was last week (I failed to post on the 29th so she never got her official "shout out," though I sent her an email and would have called had she not been in a foreign country...Happy Belated Birthday, Birdie!) and I have no idea what her present will be when she returns to The States. HDS's bachelorette gift showed up closer to their one year anniversary. But I do make an effort to come up with things on time, it just doesn't always happen. Any suggestions?


Dammit, I need to get more sleep, but my body doesn't want to let me. Stupid body.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I have this purty scarf for you that has been sitting in my house for ages... I think it was meant for a birthday or something, but who knows.
Also another cute thing that I've had sitting here for you since like, last Easter.
So, remind me to bring stuff with me when we make our big Thanksgiving trek & hopefully we'll get to see you. :)

on elections: not too bad here, but our preferred congressman got shut out. :( at least the governer made a sweep.

 

Made by Lena