Thursday, November 30, 2006

drunk with sickness

I feel drunk. Yesterday at work I was fine and then I very quickly disintegrated into a mess of nausea and flashing lights. I camped out in the bathroom but didn't puke, managed to run intermission with a smile (though the whole thing was kind of a blur) and then made it into and out of my cousin-in-law's car. I barely managed to not puke until she stopped to let me off at my apartment, then barfed all over the dead grass by the stop sign at the corner. The night was miserable, with me trying to eat a few rice chex so I'd have something in my stomach and then rapidly puking them back up. Very bad pain in my stomach and all of the muscles in my body ached and throbbed. I finally kept down a little soup this afternoon and in the last few hours got the chex to actually stick (though my body isn't thrilled with them, still), but all I can do is sleep and dream crazy dreams and when I'm awake I feel dizzy and drunk. Like there are a number of things on TV that I just can't decide between to watch and it's all just too much so I'll probably go back to sleep. Everything seems like too much for my mind to handle right now. I can concentrate on very singular specific tasks, but an easy sudoku puzzle proved too difficult. Anything that requires thinking and not just doing. I would fail a sobriety test right now, I think. Is it the migraine? or is the migraine a result of some virus or whatever it is that has me throwing rocks at death's door? I wish I had ginger ale or Smart Water or something more liquid and caloric. Fuck this. I'm going back to bed. There are things from the past several days I need to write about, but clearly it's not going to happen when I'm still this broken.

I'll put in links and pictures later. It's too confusing now (I keep starting and forgetting what I'm doing...creepy...)

No comments:

 

Made by Lena