Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Maybe if you just shoot me in the head a little bit

12 hour shift yesterday. 12 hour shift today. No day off until Sunday. I like the people. I keep telling myself that. The people are good. Quality time with my cousin-in-law. Went out to lunch with BL at this fantastic soup place. Chicken dumpling in a bread bowl. Best shit ever. Between that and the El I spent all my tips for the day, but it was worth it, and BL gave me a ride home at the end of the night. Did I mention I like the people? And a lot of them (actors, crew, ushers, etc.) all congregate at the bar at the end of the night, so I'm not just meeting and liking people from my own department, which is good since "my department" consists of myself, BL, Tina, and another woman who works part time I see maybe once a week.

I need to shower. I need to shave. I need to get dressed and get the hell out of here and face another day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will call you soooon. need to know what your situation is for the friday after thanksgiving, because if i don't get to see you, there will be tears. big fat salty ones.
will be headed toward ottawa, il from lansing that day & have a wedding in joliet on saturday. hoping to get as close to wherever you will be as possible, or if you're not working (HA) you can come find me.
love & comfy shoes.

Anonymous said...

PS! go listen to "this american life" online-- about 53 minutes in, david sedaris tells a story about public pooping, and the librarian he talks about is my co-worker! no, she did not poop in the library.

Anonymous said...

GAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!
so excited. where can we hook up with you? do we need to come into the city? i will be there with fucking bells on.

Anonymous said...

OMG steve just told me he could drop me off to hang out with you & go visit his family in ottawa & then come back for me. we will totally head over there early so you & i can PLAY ALL DAY.
love!

 

Made by Lena