Wednesday, March 24, 2010

If A Double-Majoring Liberal Arts School Student Hasn't Already Written It...

Each movement of the musical composition examines a different theory of the ontological argument (more or less, proof of the existence of God).

A movement in which each instrument that requires two seperate movements to create the sound and the pitch is played by two people. So a violin has one person moving her fingers across the fingerboard while the other person bows the strings, a trumpet gets one person moving valves and one to blow in the mouthpiece, etc.
A movement, same setup as the last, but while the people doing all the fingering of the instruments are masters and know the score, the people responsible for the sound-making are blindfolded.
A movement, same setup as the last, but now the people don't actually know how to play the instruments and are just learning.
A movement, same setup as the last, but the sound-makers don't come out at all. The entire thing is done in silence but with every note fingered out.
A movement with no instruments
A movement with no people
A movement with two conductors, one giving the correct beat and one giving the wrong beat.
there could be a bazillion movements.

Yes, as a matter of fact I am stoned. Least crappy I've felt in weeks. I'd taken absolutely everything else and done deep breathing and muscle relaxation and I was sitting in bed with my head burried in a pillow because I thought if I could push my face in deep enough it might get a little bit darker. Pot, bowl, matches, all within arms reach, probably shoved in my nightstand the last time I did this (not even two weeks?).
A few puffs of smoke and I start to relax the knot that's been holding in the black sludgy poisin.

Stop writing Enjoy the stonediness.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena