Sunday, March 14, 2010

Wish I Was Irish

Happy birthday, Hot Dog Sam! I am ever so glad you are alive!

I've been feeling like shit all week but today I made it out to the St. Patrick's Day Festival at the Irish American Heritage Center with Possible Boy, Aural Girl, and AG's other friend. So much to say about everything but the Puky Death portion of the Migraine Beast came to kick my ass right at the end so this has to be quick.
So much joy. So much to watch in other people. So many good feelings.
Also, jealousy. I want what other people have. Not things, emotions and  people. PB and AG being all in love, I build up that hard nasty knot around a gaping hole. Being around them reminds me what I lack, but they were the closest, brightest friendship filling that hole and I miss them. I wish I was better at sucking it up.

Great music and great energy.
A woman fell and I wasn't sure if she slipped on a wet patch on the  floor or if she was drunk and created the wet patch when she fell over and spilled her drink. She fell again later on the dance floor. Her friends spun her around  and around. The features on one of her friends' face looked like they'd been spun around, too.

A small man of at least 80 danced circles around everyone. Jigged and reeled and jumped with his mouth agape and his tongue bouncing and his eyes serious but enjoying every minute of it.

So much more............

No comments:

 

Made by Lena