Thursday, June 15, 2006

90

What's the last Free Concert XRT brought to The Cubby Bear? I need to know this in order to win tickets to the free Soul Asylum concert. Very important.

I spent the evening with my grandfather at his apartment. He's 90 and very annoyed that his body doesn't work the way it used to. He's still got his mind and isn't in pain beyond the occasional back twinge (his words, not mine), but he's been so healthy and strong for so long, he doesn't like the frailty thing. He was complaining about the number of pills he has to take. It's about the same as I was on at one point in my general migraine/depression/hormone crap battle. He said he wished he was 20 years younger. 20 years ago he was 70. That's pretty damn impressive. He also thought I was this amazing wonderful person for going over there. Nice to get wonderful person points so easily. I mean, what else would I have done? Played Word Racer? As I said to my grandfather, he is a much better conversationalist than my dog. No offense to my dog. It's also odd to see my grandfather deteriorate, but while I like him and like having him around, it doesn't seem that sad to me. He's 90. There's something very inevitable about death and mortality at this point, and he's lived one hell of a full life. And there's still the Unknown of Death, but it's lost its element of surprise, which I think is what scares me far more than what it's like once you die. Then again, I'm not the one who's falling apart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

soul asylum is still together?

Annabell said...

I know! And playing a free concert! This is why I need answers.

Anonymous said...

Guster
good luck ;-)

 

Made by Lena