Sunday, June 11, 2006

meals

Oh, sweet, sweet diner food. I had whatever you want to call a meal eaten at 10 PM with my best friend from junior high. It was really nice, even if we've each had not-so-nice major life events in the past two weeks. Maybe because of it. I've got Simon and Garfunkel's Old Friends in my head now. I'm not sure how much more he'd be ok with me saying and I know he reads this. I should have asked him. Him- how do you feel about being blog fodder? Mmm...blogfodder...

My teacher didn't show up for my improv class because apparently his father died. We still entertained ourselves for almost two hours playing games we'd learned in the previous classes and elsewhere in our lives. The Boring Beast (BB from now on) asked again if wanted to go out for coffee. I didn't have a valid excuse not to, but I didn't want to make one up because I was hoping to hang out with people from the class in general, and him included would be fine, just not exclusively. I tried hints and even called my cousins to see if they wanted to come meet me at the street festival that was happening. No luck. But as we exited the building, there was a group from the class still chatting outside so it was pretty easy to join them. BB kept asking if I wanted to go and I kept saying I was perfectly fine right there. My hints grew less subtle and he remained oblivious. Oh, and it turns out he's only 28. I would have guessed 40s. Hmmm. Eventually, he said he was going to head down to BluesFest, did I want to come, and while I actually did want to go to BluesFest, I didn't want to be unclear in my "hinting" so I said no and he left. Another member of our class works at a sushi place and invited us to go with him for sushi and beer. Four of us ended up taking him up on the offer. I'd actually been to this place before and I like their sushi very much. I ate a whole lot of this one kind of roll that has salmon and cucumber inside with avocado and a dollop of tobasco on top. The flavor combination is fantastic. The guy who works there picked up the bill, which was extremely nice and unnecessary. So I got to know my classmates better. The one who's the sushi place manager grew up in New Orleans and his family is still there but he's now been a stand-up comedian for four years. He's about a month older than I am. The other guy with us is 42, a native New Yorker, and does some kind of business thing in Ft. Wayne Indiana involving aluminum. He's apparently scheduled to give a speech in Canada on aluminum. He's actually much less boring than that makes him sound. The female who wasn't me is 28 and has been a professional model for a very long time. She's just now getting into acting and actually had a few lines in a big movie that's coming out and is identifiable as a girl at a bar who blows off a main character in another movie that is doing very well. It's a living. She got married at a Tom Petty concert to a guy she got engaged to after four days and married after six months. They've been together for four years now.
All in all I had a splendid time and ate whatever meal you want to call that at like 4:30.

My dog's stomach was unbelievably growly earlier. I thought about calling the vet except he was otherwise in good spirits so I've just been keeping an eye on him. Still can't figure out if he ate something weird or if maybe he's got a doggy virus or something. Might explain his last couple days of clingy weirdness. Poor puppy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

blogfodder is fine...

just don't be a biotch. word.

 

Made by Lena