Thursday, June 08, 2006

Where I'm a Viking

Had one of my creepy sleep-through-the-world things all day today. At least I've finally figured out they're migraine-related and not just a lack of willpower or me being a lazy ass. I was dreaming my parents decided to sell their house and move to Manhattan and I was all upset because I'd always wanted to live in New York but now that I'm a grown-up I didn't like them getting rid of my childhood home and I was finally getting settled in Chicago. Weird crap. Now I'm all woozy and out of it. My brother and I had maybe plans to go to the botanic garden today, but I slept through all four of his calls. Perhaps we'll go tomorrow. I should be finishing my application to go back to school and finish my degree at Unnamed Chicago College, but I'm not sure how much sense I can make right now, and it's just the essay stuff that isn't done.

I'm seeing the weird flashy lights in my peripheral vision. At least the pain isn't showing up. I'm pretty sure that's why my body forces me to sleep: to avoid the pain. When I was little and I'd fall and hurt myself I'd go to sleep. It freaked out my parents, who would worry I had a concussion or something, but no, it was just my way of coping. I have to decide right now if I should take my heavy-duty migraine drugs. They are a pretty good guarantee that the real pain and misery won't show up, but they also contain caffine and tend to make me feel funny the next day. My other option is to let myself try to keep sleeping it off, which would leave me feeling more human tomorrow if it works, but cold also allow the migraine to take over and win. Hmm...

Just noticed the dog has camped out in a pile of what was clean, folded clothes. Oops. He freaks out when I sleep so much. Gets all weird and clingy. You know, as opposed to his usual well-adjusted self.

I'm going back to bed. I'm too out of it to do anything, and at least if I fall asleep now it's a normal-person sleep time.
 

Made by Lena