Wednesday, June 07, 2006

This is the dawning of...



"The Age of Aquarius" is in my head, but with "Aquarium" instead of "Aquarius." Went to the aquarium today with E. I love that place. My sister makes fun of me for how excited I get. Some of those tanks I could watch for hours. I finally saw the saw shark thing that was hiding my last two visits. That tank must be absolutely enormous for something that big to be able to hide that well. The lizard exhibit continues to make me a very happy camper. I think they're cute/cool. Faust (the huge friggin' komodo dragon) had been fed earlier in the day and still had a big gross dead rodent sitting next to him and a satisfied look in his eyes. Maybe some day if I have a house with an extra room I'll get an iguana. I don't know, though...would an iguana be able to get along with a dog, and vice-versa? The two might be incompatible.

Speaking of incompatible desires, one of the teachers who is still at the school that fired me called me yesterday and another called me today. They were wonderfully nice and both said that people weren't demonizing me and were angry about what happened to me and the kids missed me. I miss the kids. I love(d) those kids. When I told the teacher who called today that I was taking this whole fiasco as a sign and going back to school for writing, she tried to talk me out of giving up on teaching, saying that I was "so good with the kids" and such, and that I should write and teach. And I'd love to, but can I really teach and still write and publish what I want? What if I put out articles that contain swear words? I do tend to swear. Or, worse still, what if the article I'm currently trying to sell actually gets picked up by someone? That thing is about phone actressing. They would burn me at the stake. And while it'd theoretically be much easier to get my teaching degree now and go into writing later, it feels a little like a homosexual getting married and having kids to then get divorced and be openly gay later. Ok, so that's a horrible analogy, but you get the idea, or at least I get the idea.

After two days of this blog I have already insulted people of color, the physically handicapped, and now homosexuals. I'm just throwing out all my "good person" points as fast as humanly possible. I should kick a kitten and punch a baby while I'm still on a roll.

My mail yesterday was awesome. I got a check from (ex)work, my latest Netflix DVD (Muppet Show Season 1 Disk 1), and a $25 gift certificate to DSW because I'm a member of their rewards program thing (not a credit card). It was like my birthday and Christmas all rolled into one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the cat that lady is strangling doesn't really look like a housecat. it looks more like an ocelot or something.
so she's probably just practicing self-defense.

 

Made by Lena