Tuesday, June 13, 2006

mmm...pizza

Urg essay. I have like five different starts to it written and none of them want to go anywhere. Where's divine inspiration when you need it?

My grandfather's apparently not doing great and I was going to visit him tonight but my aunt is there and said he's going to bed soon and he had a rough day so don't bother. While I do actually believe he's going to bed in an hour (even though it's only 6 PM) I wish she'd let him talk for himself. If I get old and people start trying to talk for me, I will beat them with my cane. I always got mad when I was little and my dad would answer for me. Unfortunately, when you are 4, people don't expect you to make all your own decisions and if you try hitting them (never mind the complete lack of a cane) you end up in time out. But just you wait for me to be 104...look out world.

New thrilling adsense discovery: if I'm at, say, a coffee shop with free wi-fi, my ISP is different so I get money for clicking the ads on here. I actually got $2.14 yesterday from clicking my own crap. That put me over $50. I'm kind of excited by the whole prospect of getting money for something so silly. [Insert offensive Jewish money-grubbing joke HERE.]

I need to go to Target or something to get more naproxen sodium (generic Aleve). I go through that junk like it's vitamins. The last doctor I asked about it said the amount I take shouldn't give me an ulcer as long as I always take it with food, but I do worry a bit.
Haha! Worry! Ulcer! I made a joke without meaning to!


M called yesterday to invite me to some open house thing for this class he's taking on ontology. It sounded interesting but vaguely cultish, and I ended up spending too long at the coffee bar so I couldn't really go anyway. It's through these people, which confused me even more. Maybe I'm overly skeptical (ok, I am overly skeptical, but I mean in this particular instance), but seminars on general "life-improvement" without obvious mission statements make me nervous. Like the church "youth group" in high school I was always being invited to that "played fun games and they didn't care if you were Christian or Jewish or whatever." They didn't care because no matter what you were they'd try to "save" you. Is it really so awful to be a skeptic? So maybe I don't have M's universal hope and optimism. I'm too mushy on the inside for that. It's the coconut/melted M&M thing again. We hypersensitive-types require a stronger shell.

What the hell is wrong with my dog?
Don't answer that.

I actually painted my nails last night. I was doing my toes because I've been wearing flip-flops and thought my feet looked too boring and while I was waiting for them to dry I did my hands. Pretty lousy job of it, but whatever. They are pink. Not bubble gum pink or anything, but I still feel like I deserve a cookie or something for purposefully putting pink on my body. I chose the color because it looked best with my skin. I'm mentally putting it in the same category as lipstick, which is also allowed to be pink for the same reason. I'm still a ways off from turning into a girly-girl, but you should be proud of me, anyway.

Hmm...need food...I guess now that I'm not going to my grandpa's I should call "Him" back (I love that people are getting code-names for my blog...seems so ridiculous). I'm just a touch resentful that when Him has a girlfriend I don't hear from or see him for months, but the moment Him is single again, he wants to hang out all the time. It makes me feel like a fair-weather (or in this case, foul-weather) friend. I hope that doesn't sound bitchy or like I don't want to be his friend at all (especially since I know he reads this), I'm just trying to be honest about how I feel. I know a lot of people do the same thing, since the significant other is their top priority, but here is where I need a clip of Eddie Murphy as Donkey (from Shrek) singing "But you gotta have frieeeends..."

Ooh, or I could just make myself a frozen pizza, which sounds really good right now and is already paid for. Home Run Inn and Reggios are my favorites by far. I did a personal taste-test with a whole bunch of the cheaper-end frozen pizzas and those were the clear winners. Freschetta was surprisingly crappy, and Red Baron was fine but nothing special. Tombstone and Jacks (both owned by Kraft, interestingly enough) are cheaper but worse, and I'm steering clear of anything more than about $4-5 a pizza. Home Run Inn even comes in a personal pizza size, so I'm not paying for more pizza than I can eat. Yes, I am cheap. Back to the Jew jokes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

but do you ever get the frozen California Pizza Kitchen ones? mmm...

Anonymous said...

frozen pizzas are pretty disappointing. somebody isn't allowed to buy them anymore because of a terrible "but it was the cheapest one!" incident.
really. really. disgusting.

Anonymous said...

p.s. harley thinks freud should get one of those tiny hats and little jew curls.

 

Made by Lena