Monday, July 03, 2006

ice age

I need to light a fire under my butt, and not the kind that sets farts on fire. There are things I need to be doing (mostly finishing the job aplications I have and calling Nameless College) but I don't want to. They are boring and remind me of how shady my employment history looks on paper. I haven't kept a job for more than a year since my college Sunday school teacher gig. Perhaps I should have done one aplication at a time so I wouldn't burn out with them all half-done.

Yesterday Him humored me on my errands (including Joann Crafts, which if you know the way I get in craft stores, is very impressive) and then we ended up going to my parents' for dinner. Steak and corn out on the grill. Very 4th of July, and very unplanned. Have I mentioned lately how much I love steak? I love steak. We then went with my parents to see An Inconvenient Truth, which I thought was fantastic and not at all too long or boring. I tend to be extremely skeptical of pretty charts and graphs, particularly on trends that take literally eons to get the full, honest picture, but there's this one lovely graph:

So we may very well be due for an ice age upswing, but holy crap, that's a lot of CO2.

Ugh. I so don't want to do anything today.

1 comment:

Yoel Natan said...

But if we lit a fire under your butt, wouldn't that just increase the CO2 even more?

Anyway, these days I don't think it's considered all that suspect for a young person to have had a number of jobs and none of them particularly long-term. It's becoming so common for us...

 

Made by Lena