Thursday, July 13, 2006

Praise for things

Why are Egg McMuffins so good? I had to get up this morning to move my car (stupid street cleaning required it gone by 9 AM) and magically woke up even before my alarm went off. I took the dog and made the most of being out at 8:30 AM and went to McDonalds for an Egg McMuffin. They're disgusting and just so unbelievably delicious. They're one of the only pork products I still don't pick off my food. I always intend to give the Canadian bacon to the dog and then remember how delicious it is and stop caring long enough to eat it. By the time I got back near my apartment, a few parking spaces had opened on the legal side of the street. It was the perfect errand and just. so. delicious.

Also delicious: my BikiniTouch trimmer thing. Remember when I was all mad that my first one didn't work and it cost more for shipping and handling to return it than it did to just buy a new one? I broke down last week and bought a new one. So glad that I did.
If you don't want TMI, skip the purple text:
I razor-burn like nobody's business, and don't get me started on my ingrown tendencies, but this thing actually trims the hair really close without any of the icky red bumps. Also, no uncomfortably spiky hair left behind and/or growing in later. And the level of precision is impressive; if one of these days I decide to be a human topiary and trim a monkey down there, I totally could.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want one of those things since you give such a good recommendation. and a monkey, eh? thats ambitious

Anonymous said...

a few things:
1) we are like, so totally cosmically connected.
i was in the mcdonald's drive-thru getting a bacon-egg-and-cheese biscuit (decidedly more greasy & horrible than the egg mcmuffin, but it's my favorite) between 8:30 and 8:45 this morning.
2)man, your consumer reports are so helpful. i've been eyeing those bikinitouch trimmers for quite some time, and have always been hesitant. but since you've actually used it and it is so amazing (and i know it must be because few non-trichotillomaniacs are as hair-picky as you) i may have to disguise myself at the walgreens and purchase one.
3)AND i already just now blogged it on myspace, but I GOT AN EMAIL FROM JUDY BLUME.
4)wish you were here.

 

Made by Lena