Tuesday, July 04, 2006

An open letter to my crazy dog

Dear Psycho-Mutt,

When you only poop and pee outside, agoraphobia is not an option.

Yesterday, when you were refusing to go out, I didn't care. I wasn't the one with a potentially full bladder, and the holiday fireworks were freaking you out. Fine. But when you woke me up at 2 AM (small miracle that it was for me to be asleep by that point), I was annoyed. Still, I accepted that you hadn't been out all day, so I put on my pants (oh, the things I do for you!) and tried to take you out. We got half-way out the door when you froze. Sure, there were still some firework pops and the occasional drunken reveler wandering down the block, but nothing too terrifying. I carried you out and plopped you near a tree. But would you take the leak you so obviously needed? No. Instead you bolted back as emphatically as your 17 lbs could towards the apartment.

At this point I was pretty ticked. I knew the odds of me falling back asleep any time soon were slim at best, but I crawled under the covers and tried to comfort you as you nuzzled in, shaking in terror.

This brings us to 5:30 AM. I had actually fallen back asleep. I was dreaming that I'd eaten spaghetti for breakfast at a dining hall and then been late to orchestra (which is odd, since I haven't been in orchestra since high school) when through my soporific haze I felt paws on my face. You whined and jumped and clawed at the door. Not surprising since you hadn't peed in a solid 15 hours. So again I put on my pants and, after much coaxing, got you out the front door.

And thank goodness I did! You were pooping and peeing up a storm the moment you hit the grass.

But here is where my real annoyance comes in: when, at this insanely early hour, after having to practically drag you outside, you expected to frolic and play and go on a full walk. Are you kidding me? It is 6 AM. I put on pants for you. I interrupted my sleep not once but twice during a single night! You are lucky I got up at all, as I've been known to sleep through entire dorm fire drills.

This behavior must stop. If it does not, I may be forced to litterbox train you, and that's only for sissy-ass dork dogs. Now get the fuck off my lap so I can go back to bed.

Yours,
Annabell

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woof woof,

Woof woof yap. Yip yap woof woof. Growl!

Yip yip yip. Bark, yap yip yap woof. Yap yap woof, yip (piddle...), arf.

Yap woof,
Bark

Anonymous said...

harley translated that^ for me, and it's not very nice. maybe y'all should come to some sort of compromise. (whatever that could be. he lets himself out and such. or uses the toilet.)

 

Made by Lena