Monday, August 06, 2007

ohfortheloveofgod

For those of you who don't look at my comments, an anonymous person posted the following:

You should really keep an eye on this RP website. Good luck to you. http://morsehellhole.blogspot.com/

So I went to the website, and 90% of it is people bitching and moaning about and blaming the aldermen and local politicians for the "gangbanging and drunks" "plaguing" Rogers Park. Yes, there are gangs. Yes, there are drunks. Have a problem with it? Then fucking do something about it. I'm aware of "power of the pen," but this is just bitching and moaning with at most the power to scare away residents fortunate enough to have the time to sit around reading blogs. So shut up and/or do something. If you're going to complain about being afraid to walk home from the el at night, try to organize groups to walk home together (like a walk-pool instead of a carpool), or take a self-defense class, or just learn how to walk past people who probably want to have as little to do with you as you do with them. Because homeless people are not necessarily dangerous people. And neither are groups of more than two young black males. So don't be stupid, stop whining, and do something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, yes Roger's Park is not always super wonderful happy land. While I cannot totally relate, seeing that I only live in West Rogers Park, I am tired of bitching and blogs for it. Couple weeks ago we had a huge police show of force right by me. they did roll call and had a pep talk with the people about how we need to watch our neighborhood and call police so the kids can play and old people can walk the street. I like that. Also, something that bugs me is that so many of the bloggers are those that are gentrifying the area and kicking all the people out. Why move here in the first place? Um, its cheap but then its all about wanting change.

FYI, today was also National Night Out against crime. I just saw about 30 people with posters marching down Broadway at Granville.

There is my rant. And i think I read somewhere up here has not much more crime than Lincoln park

Anonymous said...

what about 3 young homeless black males????? surely that indicates extreme danger!!!!!!!!!

i got a really cute image of the walk pool. think red rover.

 

Made by Lena