Saturday, November 17, 2007

dancing, eating, watching, listening, and knitting

The "Take Me Out Right Now" dance looks very similar to the "I want you to pay attention to me for the next 30 seconds and then I'm going back onto your bed" dance. Very annoying when I stop what I'm doing, thinking my dog is dancing the former, only to discover, no, it was the latter.

Last night around 9:30 PM I was craving Indian food like a crazy woman. Last night around 10:30 I paid $23 by check to the delivery guy for chicken korma and and order of naan. It took more research than it should have to find Indian Gourmet, which says right on its website that they are "Greater Chicagoland's only Indian restaurant that delivers." I wasn't thrilled with the apparent price-gouging or the fact that they didn't take credit cards (I had roughly $12 in cash in my apartment), but I needed my fix. Turns out, for $23, I will be able to eat for the rest of my life. It wasn't until my third rice and korma bowlful this afternoon that a dent finally appeared in the vats of food. And it's really good! I got the korma because the acupuncturist told me not to eat spicy foods, and with no butter chicken on the menu, it was the only dish that said "very mildly spicy." As a person who normally likes spicy food, this had enough flavor that I didn't miss the kick. The rice had whole bay leaves and some other whole herb that I recognize by taste and smell but still can't place. And the naan tastes like flat challah. All-in-all, it was the best $23 I've spent on food in a long time.

Since last night, I've watched three movies and listened to an hour and a half of The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe via iPod audiobook. During those bits of audio-visual entertainment, I knitted an uneven pair fingerless gloves for myself. I have been coveting fingerless gloves ever since I first saw Birdie wearing great ones in some of her pictures of Facebook. I would have just bought myself a pair somewhere (they're not that expensive and I can excuse the purchase as functional), but my stupid wool allergy made it impossible to find any that were both comfortable and attractive. The ones I knit aren't great, but they will do and they don't clash with my nice coat.

I should do more audiobook listening while crafting. It's even better than TV or movies because I don't have to look up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you make me hungry.

 

Made by Lena