Monday, November 05, 2007

separation anxiety

Thought on abortion:
Assuming your pregnancy goes to full term, that child will never consider you (the parent) to be a "real person;" why should you consider it a "real person" before it even escapes from the womb?

And for those of you who've been counting, this is Day 12 of the Migraine from Hell. It lapsed for a little while yesterday, and that was great, but it was back full force by dinner. I'm trying to use my more lucid moments to research a good local acupressurist. They can stab me all they want. Maybe sticking me at the ledge of a high cliff and slicing chunks of my skin will help, too. I'm game for anything.

I had to tell my mother again in no uncertain terms to leave me alone and I will let her know if I want or need her for anything. It is understandable that she sees her offspring in pain and wants to help, but she can't seem to internalize that when she leaves me two voicemails and a text message letting me know she's "available to help this afternoon or tomorrow after 4," that does not constitute leaving me alone and makes things worse because then I have to get back to her again to tell her, "No, thank you, leave me alone," and that is very stressful when my moments of lucidity are precious and I want to spend them distracting myself and trying to feel better, not assuring my mother that things will eventually be ok and she needs to just shut the fuck up and leave me alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

someone at work today was talking about managing migraines by eliminating certain food triggers from their diet. have you heard of that/ tried that? dont know if it is complete shit or not but figured id pass it along

Annabell said...

It's very far from shit; food triggers are extremely common migraine causes. I have a list of foods I avoid because they may sort-of help trigger my migraines, but when I did the full elimination diet thing, it made no difference.

Thanks for the thought.

 

Made by Lena