Saturday, November 03, 2007

Rxxx

Last night, still in pain, I took the full dose of Seroquel*, which I normally avoid because it makes me so groggy, but I figured I was going to bed so it didn't matter and maybe I'd sleep through the night. Dog woke me before 7 AM needing to go out, so I managed to take him out and then took the next dose of the Seroquel. Dog woke me again around 2 or 3 needing to go back out, so out we went very quickly and then I ate things and went back to sleep. I had terrible dreams about people sabotaging the CTA el trains and knocking them off the tracks and pushing them off over the highway and stuff. Then the dog managed to wake me up again a little before 10 PM and I could barely get my body to move but we went out and I discovered NBF had been trying to reach me all day (I guess I talked to him briefly a few times so he knew I wasn't dead but was very much asleep...any of you who have talked to Sleeping Annabell knows what this is like) and I'm still all groggy but I have the sense the migraine is finally fighting for its life so I took another dose of Seroquel and we'll see how and when I wake up next.

*Regularly prescribed for bipolar and schizophrenia, but for those you start with a 25 mg dose twice a day and gradually build up, taking it regularly, whereas Dr. Migraine has me taking a 50 mg dose, followed any time after 2 hours later by another 50 mg dose, and stopping as soon as the headache quits. For those of you concerned by my marijuana trial, that seems much safer to me than the Seroquel, but I'm thinking it may be time for a back-alley labotomy, which would make any and all prior brain damage pretty much moot.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena