Friday, November 13, 2009

On Buffy

Earlier this week at the bar, I found myself completely mesmerized by the tv. I've always been mesmerized by the tv, but this was stronger than the usual hypnotic pull. So in my campaign to avoid doing anything useful with my time, I decided to watch Season 1 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer in its entirety on Hulu. I'm a big fan of Joss Whedon's Dr. Horrible and I'd never actually seen Buffy (Mr. Whedon's more frequently referenced creation). Was 1997 really that long ago?

I feel a little like puke, but I brought it on myself by eating the cookies I originally bought for my cousin's birthday. They were going to be stale before I saw her again, but that didn't mean I had to be the one to eat them. They were just so tasty.

I wonder what it would be like if I could do and eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted without physiological repercussions. I also wonder what it would be like to be blind, starving, an insect, or live a thousand years from now.

I want more cookies.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena